วันศุกร์ที่ 14 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2550

Sustainable Development

last few weeks, we had 'Sustainable Development' class provided by ' CSF, Center for Sustainable Future' (http://csf.plymouth.ac.uk/?q=node) run by University of Plymouth. the class did attract every one by its amazing theory such as 'let your kids back to nature'. I bear in mind one theory presented by our lecturer, Alan,........................

Awareness=>knowledge=>understanding=>care=>responsibilities=>ACTION

Buckminster Fuler: “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, building a new model that make the existing model obsolete” OUT OF BOX

“If you have to make thing change, you have to change the CULTURE.” Make things go well with you!!!

Meadows et al (2005) a sustainable society

Understand=>sufficient (Skills/knowledge)=>Recognise

After the class, i went to univ. lib to get a book namely ' Education for sustainability' . i spent few hours on it, but only one thing i remember is Tevevision plays an important role on teenager and is powerful tool to get their attention. on the same day, i borrow a movie, An inconvenient truth, of which Al Gore conveyed key message through the movie using media as a tool. Mention to the book and the movie, it is clear that team producer of the movie used the same theory describe in the book. this is just my observation of which i think the movie get the key messages across the audiences effectively measuring on my feeling as one of those audience. the movie inspired me starting to do some action, using my knowledge, encouraging people surrounding me, for example.


Again, I have been asking myself that ' which thesis topic should be ?' i want to do something which is not just response my curiosity but also can be used in forthcoming future in Thailand esp. Chonburi as well.

just rough idea come across my head " Thai's perception of Marine Environment and its benefitial" of which using search article in sciendirect as guideline .

Today my good friend, Naveen, asked me that 'Will I study Ph.D?' after hold the master. um....Good question, but only one answer i can say is i want to earn some experience on working and get specific field that i am really interested in related to water management to enhance effectiveness of studying Ph.D.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: